Friday, September 10, 2010

We are beginning to study Early America

I got a book from the library about early America titled YankeeDoodle America by Wendell Minor. It has the ABCs of the Revelutionary War. I read it to the kids while they ate breakfast and they were very interested.

So I immediatley began cultivating ideas for our Colonial American Adventure...
We started working on making a pamphlet of Colonial America...

In order to get a more authentic feel for the time period, we took a break to watch some YOUTUBE videos of reinactments. This, of course led us to the Native American Indians... and they naturally stole the spotlight! We watched videos about Pochahontis, different tribes, ect... We quickly steered in a different direction then I originally thought. Soooo,
I filed the pamplets we were working on (till later next week), and out came the paper bags and crayons. Both Josh and I remember making a Native American Vest in Kindergarten, and now I get to pass on that tradition.

Ahh... how cute... They love it...


For about 10 seconds! It was disgarded very quickly into the hall with the littered toys and dumped out sock container... Ahhh... How sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment