Friday, September 17, 2010

My attempt at being organized

Here is our newest organization tool.
**********************************************************************************
I got my initial idea from Sue Patricks workbox system. Her system works by having the child's work prepared and placed in boxes that the child can access and do individually. However, her system is too structured for our family since most of the work we do is hands on and together as a family.

I really liked the idea of having the kids visually see what they are going to do and what they have accomplished during the day. SO - Here is our system...
(I got some of my printed tags from Heartofwisdom blog)
********************************************************************************

Hanging on our front closet are the children's assignment boards which start out blank each day. (they have 16 Velcro tabs on them)



Here are the subjects tags that are velcroed within the squares. There are four strips and each strip has four squares - equaling 16 subject tags.
Some of these tags are science, reading, writing, bike riding, game, abc, blocks, piano, cooking, etc...
I dont expect to do 16 things everyday, but I love to overplan rather than underplan!
Plus I can incorporate more fun tags this way intermixed with the work tags:)


Sometimes the kids can pick out a subject or sometimes mom does. Either way the kids see that it needs to be done since it is on their assignment strips. Once the assignment is completed, they get to stick their tag on their board and be done with it.


Edison and Simone both picked piano practice this morning, even before changing out of their PJs. They are working on the infamous "Mary Had A Little Lamb"




Edison reading


Simone typing the ABCs.



Andre finding superhero matches.



Doing science outside.



Eli sleeping.


The Kids playing and having FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment