Okay, so my dear 'ol dad helped me set up this blog... lets see if I can post something without him!! Hey, I'm a homeschool mom - I can do anything!!
The idea of having a blog was to record, remember, and share our days. Learning can be so much fun! I PROMISE :) We want to be living proof of that! So... here we go...
Simone and Edison are painting mini-globes. We googled some pictures of the Earth and they began painting green continents surrounded by the blue waters.
Andre had taken a much needed nap during our planet Earth lesson so he got to paint a dragon egg instead! After Simone and Eddie painted Earth they were given another styrofoam ball to paint a planet where their pet dragon lives.
After that they had to write the planets name and sketch it in their MAGICAL JOURNALS (which they decorated yesterday). MAGICAL JOURNALS are the childrens writing journals with a cool name and an endless supply of topics... anything magical!
Of course the day called for math and today we did do a boring worksheet, boo hoo! but it only took about 5 minutes of adding and subtracting and it was over!
Both Simone and Edison read the story of Samson out of their Bible Reader. Then they drew pictures of him with an angry face (something they learned in art class) and wrote about him in their Bible Books. Here is Simone's drawing of Samson...
Simone, Eddie, and Andre practiced the piano for 10 minutes each... I can actually hear their scale improving! Yes they know just one scale - thier super awesome Aunt Sonja gave them their very first piano lesson on Tuesday.
We went for some homeschooling classes today. Simone and Eddie had thier drawing class and a science class about oil. (Yes, they had to write about it in their SCIENCE NOTEBOOKS when they got home). Andre took a preschool class (and I suppose Elijah and I did as well since Andre wouldn't let me leave). The teacher is VERY nice and Andre adores her but he is not to keen on being left.
So there is our homeschool day which took us almost to dinner (which my dear husband had made the day before - CHILI) YUMMMMMMMMMY... Thank you Hunny Bunny... and so as you can see... Homeschool is my life! and I LOVE it:)
Dear Simone and Eddison,
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE your magic journals and are going to make some for ourselves. We also sent you a letter in the mail. You should get it soon.
Love,
The Kindergarteners and Miss Bolstad