Sunday, March 18, 2012

Our new Cooking Nook


So here is our very shameful hallway closet.  It is a mini dumping ground for STUFF... very very wasteful of prime location space.  So - instead of putting away the MOUNTAIN of laundry, I painted and decorated the closet to be a functional Cooking Nook.

COOKING NOOK- I would like the kids to help with meal planning and preparation.  But the supplies are scattered and I am unorganized.  I wanted all the things that I want the children to use in one place... aprons, cookbooks, planners, ideas, menus...

SO I BEGAN

 I used some extra mistint pain that I had extra of - a pale mint green and school pencil yellow.  I got lucky cause they actually look nice together:)

Bottom half of closet

The top of the closet - I painted the ceiling.
(this is where I want my soap making things to go:)

Here is a front view of the Cooking Nook


The shelf has cookbooks and cooking magazines. 
The baskets so far have pencils and dry erase markers.


1. Each side of the Cooking Nook has a magnet dry erase board
 ( I can assign chores and which meal is to be planned by whom) 

2. The three clipboards have laminated meal planners -one for each meal
 (the kids get to chose what the menu is for one meal a day and that is the meal they get to cook with me)


 Simone was by far the most excited about the Cooking Nook!
She got busy planning breakfasts and snacks for the week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment