Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Making Sidewalk Paint Cheered Me Up

Okay so I took Simone to the dentist.  It took an hour, she got a cavity filled - all was good.

Since my mother was watching the other kids I thought I'd run to the DMV real quick (that's a joke).  I hate the DMV.  I was just there yesterday to get plates for a van we bought.  I stood in line for 1/2 hour, but I couldn't get the plates cause a paper wasn't signed - Josh had to sign it. That made me want to cry and scream; something about the DMV makes me want to cry like a baby.  Probably because I have to go at least three times for the same thing before I get it right. 

So anyway, I was upset yesterday, but I got over it and attempted to go today.  Waited an hour just to find out again that I couldn't sign a different paper (the other place didn't mention this).  Furious!  I was sooooooooooooooo mad on the way home that I didn't notice the gas light and- YUP- I ran out of gas about five houses away. 

So I walk to my garage to get a gas can, fill up my tank and drive home.  Then all I wanted to do was yell at someone but there was no one to yell at.  I couldn't mope around because there are four kids that needed attention... so...

I went to PINTEREST and found an idea...DIY- Sidewalk Chalk Paint - WHOO Hooo

Just making something fun for the kids cured my blues...

All you need is corn starch and water - equal parts- and some food coloring.




Of course - I had to drag school into their fun!
I brought out their spelling list and told them to write 5 words with the chalk paint



- yes - I laminated their spelling lists!
I told u I am addicted to my laminating machine

Then I turned them loose- I told them to paint the tree and the dirt. 
Which they are doing right now.
And they will all need showers when the evening is over:)

Oh - and Eli can finally swing on a big swing - another sign that my baby is growing up!



No comments:

Post a Comment