Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hooray for Multiplication

Once children know how to count by multiples (2,5, 10) they can begin to practice and memorize thier multiplication facts.  Here are some fun ways the kids are learning theirs times tables.


  1. I made multiplication cards on cardstock, added a sticker and laminated it. 
  2. Simone got Princess and Eddie got superheros (of course). 
  3. They write on them with dry erase markers.  When they are finished we check them together - correcting ones that are wrong - and then I erase them with a magic eraser
  4. I put a laminated times table chart in a tin schoolbox.  They can use it to help them find the answers to the problems.  Simone likes it because it looks like a computer:) Mostly though, I taught them to count on their fingers by multiples.


 
 



Edison practicing on his flash cards.

Simone Marie with her princess cards.

I also have some multiplication matching cards that I got from
 http://fern-smith.blogspot.com/2011/11/thirteen-christmas-multiplication.html

I laminated the cards and put velcro on them



No comments:

Post a Comment