Thursday, December 9, 2010

My love affair with VELCRO!

I'm pretty sure I would velcro EVERYTHING in the house if I had enough velcro!!  I'm currantly in love with it because it makes things stay in its place... and in my world nothing ever stays where it belongs!!
SO - the things I have velcroed (is that even a verb?)

1. I had previously blogged about our activity tags with velcro...
2. Also the reading logs (chutes and ladders game boards that keep track of the # of books read)
3. I spent all day yesterday... putting velcro on the back of the scrabble pieces!  Josh said I was crazy and that I had a real problem :)  However - the kids loved it because... the pieces stayed put!
4. I put velcro on the back of word tiles - sentence makers.
The kids (and Aunt Sonja) were making silly sentences on their scrabble boards.

 5. I made a velcro board for Andre and lamenated it.   
He can verbally spell his name and pick out the correct letters in his name!!! 
HOORAY!
6. I also made lowercase letters for Andre to spell his name with.
7. These are the kids "Video Game Time" Charts.  They get to earn time for each book they read. 
Level 1 books get 5 minutes, Level 2 books get 10 minutes,
Level 3 books get 15 minutes, and Level 4 books get 20 minutes
(Simone read her first level 4 book!!)


Now - I just need edible velcro!! 
Andre was really sad that his bannana broke and he refused to ear it!!












1 comment:

  1. Dear Pen-pals,
    We love reading your blog! Thanks for sharing all your great ideas. We are going to use some of them in our classroom. We hope you visit us again soon.
    Gracie - I like My little pony.
    Mollie - We love you guys!!!
    Shelby - Do you like to go to Maggie Moos?
    Anna - We love God and Jesus!
    Ashton - Do you know about snakes?
    Aidan - Donkey Kong smashes houses.

    P.s. Love Miss Bolstad and her Kindergarteners :)

    ReplyDelete