Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Reading Closet

I really needed something/someplace that would encourge the kids to begin reading independantly. 
So... basically I took a boring messy closet and transformed it.... into a fabulous reading space!!


Eddie and Andre are reading in the empty closet.
Nice and Cozy - but I have MUCH BIGGER plans for this small closet.

My mother found these curtains at a garage sale... for my sister ...
but she accidentally left them in my car... so now they are mine! Hooray!! 
(I did cut and hem the plain pink curtain)

1. I painted the room a bright orange
2. I wrapped Christmas lights around the top pole...
3. I Added pillows and stuffed animals
4. I put in a basket of books that the kids can read by themselves

Simone LOVES the space and before she knew it -
she had read 4 four books!  and enjoyed it!  by herself!!!


9*+-
This superheros chutes and ladder game board will be used to track how many books Eddie has read. 


The Princess Chutes and Ladders Game will be used to track the books Simone has read.


No comments:

Post a Comment